Famagusta City Day Tour
The city of Famagusta was originally a small commercial port and fishing village. Famagusta lies on the eastern coast of the island, and poses the deepest harbour in Cyprus. The walled town and the areas around the city are peppered with ruins of civilizations ranging from Assyrian, Greek, Persian, Roman,Byzantine, Lusignans and Venetians.
Famagusta still hosts some of the best examples of medieval architecture. The golden sandy beaches of the bay of the city are well known through the world.
You will visit:
- St. Barnabas Monastery and Icon Museum
- Salamis Ancient City Ruins
- Lunch break
- La La Mustafa Pasha Mosque (St. Nicholas Cathedral)
- Plaza Del Proveditore
- Ruins of the Venetian Royal Palace
- Sinan Pasha Mosque (Church of Saints Peter and Paul)
- The Land Gate
- The Sea Gate
- The Ramparts (The City Walls)
- Othello Tower